Thursday 5 June 2014

Self portrait




 This is my self-portrait painting done in oil on canvas. In fact, to see your own painting develop on a plain canvas is really interesting. I saw to that all the asymmetrical features of my face were included. This was difficult. It is easier to paint a more symmetrical face, as the outcome looks more beautiful.
Next is the use of colour. This was not that difficult as it is true like me. Anyway, I am satisfied that I could bring some life to such paintings. This was evident when I received some good compliments from most of the people at home. Some even suggested that I use it as my profile picture in many places including the books I write.

2 comments:

  1. lovely paintings Mallika Vaidyanathan. They are really creative and Eye capturing ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have seen all my paintings, I suppose. Thank you.

      Delete

I hope the post is interesting and useful. Comments and suggestions are welcome.